The vision of the African Union is of an integrated, prosperous and peaceful Africa, driven by its own citizens. However, time and time again the aspect of a ‘people-centred union’ comes into question.
Archive | Blog RSS feed for this section
Why it doesn’t matter who the next chair of the African Union Commission is by Prof Babatunde Fagbayibo
When Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma was appointed as the new Chair of the African Union Commission (AUC) in 2012, expectations were sky high. The former South African minister was widely respected, and optimists pinned their hopes on the experienced technocrat revolutionising the affairs of the dysfunctional AUC. 4 years later and Dlamini-Zuma’s first term is now coming […]
We should not allow the chickens to lead the eagles even if the chickens convince themselves that they’re actually eagles! From 10 – 18 July 2016, African leaders will be meeting in Kigali, the capital of Rwanda for the 27th Ordinary Session of the Assembly of the African Union (AU). A key highlight of the forthcoming […]
Introduction In the previous article the role and function of the Chair of the African Union (AU) Commission was articulated. The Commission as the organisation’s administrative arm needs to act independently of states and, the position of its Chair, an important one, requires the incumbent to manage the organisation and guide its work to ensure […]
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- RT @africarenewal: What a wonderful story of how migrants from countries such as Ethiopia and Gambia are reinvigortaing an Italian village… 2 years ago retweeted via africarenewal
- RT @SheLeadsAfrica: Meet the young woman breaking through the South African mining industry. https://t.co/tRY5n0QbAQ https://t.co/b85wWcm… 2 years ago retweeted via SheLeadsAfrica
- RT @p_amayoO: Fresh promises on top of old ones? Is this really transforming youth? Accoutability is needed here youths! #YouthVoteKE #Tran… 2 years ago retweeted via p_amayoO
- RT @ThisIsAfricaTIA: Good Morning #Africa.Today #Guinea celebrates 58 years of Independence, best wishes to all our Guinean brothers & sist… 2 years ago retweeted via ThisIsAfricaTIA
- RT @mashanubian: Ethiopia at least 50 killed in stampede in Oromiya triggered when police used teargas to disperse antigovt protesters at r… 2 years ago retweeted via mashanubian